Light Raspberry Muffins
Everybody's favorite. A light, lemony muffin filled with berries.
Low Fat Blend
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 cup low-fat or nonfat cottage cheese
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 2 lightly beaten egg whites
- 1 cup Low Fat Blend
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pint raspberries
- 12 paper or foil muffin cups
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Low Fat Blend: Place the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. The mixture can be
blended by hand. A food processor will not give the same consistency - it tends
to break the mixture down and make it watery rather then creamy. I stash it in a
plastic container in the fridge to use by the cup or spoonful in a myriad of ways.
I use it in mousses and sauces, and as a replacement for sour cream, mayonnaise,
or heavy cream. If non fat cottage cheese is available, so much the better.
- Muffins: Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar, oil, and zest.
- Add the egg and egg whites and mix completely.
- Add the Low Fat Blend and combine well.
- Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice and combine.
- Slowly add the flour and baking powder, stirring until completely blended.
- When the batter is smooth, add the raspberries and gently mix until the berries
are somewhat blended; do not over-mix and break up the berries.
- Place the paper cups in a muffin tin. Fill the cups three quarters full with
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted
in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Blueberries make an equally terrific muffin.
Cal. per muffin 172; Chol. 9 mg
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 5/18/02 9:58:24 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes