Luscious Lemon Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately with lemon juice to creamed
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter with lemon peel.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown and a wooden
pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Yields 9 muffins.