- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter (at room temperature), divided
- 1/4 cup cornflake crumbs, if needed
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (about 2) ripe mangoes, peeled, pit removed and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly coat 24 muffin cups with total of 2 tablespoons butter, or with vegetable
oil spray, or line them with paper baking cups (which will keep them fresh longer).
If not using paper liners, sprinkle with cornflake crumbs; tap out excess.
- Stir and toss together flour, baking powder, allspice and salt until completely
- Place remaining 6 tablespoons butter in large mixing bowl and beat either by
hand or with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in brown sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add combined dry ingredients
and beat just until batter is blended; it should not be completely smooth. Over-beating
will result in tough texture.
- Fold in mangoes, walnuts, rum and lime zest. Spoon batter into prepared muffin
cups, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until tops are golden and a
wooden pick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes before removing from pans.
Makes about 2 dozen.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.