Maytag's Famous Raspberry
Buttermilk Pound Cake Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh raspberries*
* If you use frozen raspberries, they will not "bleed" as much.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tins.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- With electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add the sugar and beat until mixture is light in color, smooth
and well blended.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until mixture is fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add one-half of the flour mixture; mix well.
- Add one-half of the buttermilk; mix well.
- Repeat with the remainder of the flour mixture and the buttermilk beating
until smooth and well blended.
- Gently fold in the raspberries, taking care not to mash them.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared muffin tines.
- Bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
in a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve warm.
Yield: 12 large muffins
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.