Try this recipe without spices once to taste the true peanut-buttery flavor of
mesquite flour, but add cinnamon or nutmeg to another batch, if desired.
- 2/3 cup mesquite bean flour
- 1 1/3 cups sifted self-rising flour
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- Mix flours.
- Combine egg, salad oil and milk; whip with a fork until frothy.
- Add liquid mixture to dry flours and stir just until moistened.
- Fill 12 well-greased muffin cups with batter 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.