Mississippi Spice Muffins
- 1 cup soft butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Confectioners' sugar
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Mix in applesauce and spices.
- Sift together salt, baking soda and flour. Add to applesauce mixture and
- Stir in nuts.
- Bake in lightly greased miniature muffin pans at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Yield: 84 small muffins
Batter keeps indefinitely in refrigerator.
Baked muffins freeze well (reheat before serving).
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.