Mississippi Spice Muffins
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup soft butter or margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Confectioners' sugar
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Mix in applesauce and spices.
- Sift together salt, baking soda and flour. Add to applesauce mixture and
- Stir in nuts.
- Bake in lightly greased miniature muffin pans at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Yield: 84 small muffins
Batter keeps indefinitely in refrigerator.
Baked muffins freeze well (reheat before serving).
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes