Mississippi Spice Muffins
- 1 cup soft butter or margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Confectioners' sugar
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Mix in applesauce and spices.
- Sift together salt, baking soda and flour. Add to applesauce mixture and
- Stir in nuts.
- Bake in lightly greased miniature muffin pans at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Yield: 84 small muffins
Batter keeps indefinitely in refrigerator.
Baked muffins freeze well (reheat before serving).
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes