This recipe is from The Greenery Restaurant near Ogden, Utah. This muffin batter
will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week, so you can bake several smaller batches,
- 2 cups boiling water
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 4 cups All-Bran
- 2 cups Bran Flakes
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine water and baking soda; stir until dissolved. Cool.
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Mix
- Beat in the water mixture.
- Fold in cereals and nuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until muffins test done.
Yields about 5 dozen.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes