Mystery Apple Muffins
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cups coarsely crumbled Ritz crackers, about 14 crackers
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pans.
- Combine apple juice, 1/2 cup brown sugar and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Bring
to a boil. Add crackers and reduce heat to medium. Cook until mixture is about the
consistency of applesauce. Remove from heat and stir in raisins.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, butter, egg and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar
in a large bowl. Beat until smooth. Stir in cracker mixture.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until tester inserted in center of muffins comes
- Remove from pan and place on wire rack to cool.
- Combine all glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cooled muffins.
Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.