Mystery Apple Muffins
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cups coarsely crumbled Ritz crackers, about 14 crackers
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pans.
- Combine apple juice, 1/2 cup brown sugar and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Bring
to a boil. Add crackers and reduce heat to medium. Cook until mixture is about the
consistency of applesauce. Remove from heat and stir in raisins.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, butter, egg and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar
in a large bowl. Beat until smooth. Stir in cracker mixture.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until tester inserted in center of muffins comes
- Remove from pan and place on wire rack to cool.
- Combine all glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cooled muffins.
Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes