As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tins well.
- Mix 2 cups of the flour and brown sugar in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture
forms coarse crumbs. Remove and reserve 3/4 cup of this mixture for topping.
- Add remaining 1 cup flour, baking powder, nutmeg, baking soda and salt to mixture in
bowl and mix well.
- Add buttermilk and eggs, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Top each muffin with 1 1/2 teaspoons of reserved topping.
- Bake muffins for about 20 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out
- Serve warm.
Makes 24 muffins.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes