- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
- Soak oatmeal in buttermilk for about 30 minutes.
- Add sugar, egg, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add melted butter.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
Yield: 12 large or 18 small muffins
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.