- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
- Soak oatmeal in buttermilk for about 30 minutes.
- Add sugar, egg, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add melted butter.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
Yield: 12 large or 18 small muffins
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes