Old Fashioned Sour Cream Muffins
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sour cream
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar or cinnamon/sugar for topping
- Cream butter, sugar and salt at high speed with electric mixer. Beat for 3 minutes
until very smooth and creamy.
- Make a hole in the middle and add eggs; beat them
until they are thoroughly incorporated and are a light lemon color.
- Add the sour cream, and beat well.
- In another bowl mix the flour, baking soda and nutmeg with a fork.
- Grease 3 dozen muffin cups or use paper cups. Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Quickly mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- As soon as the dry ingredients
are thoroughly moistened, fill 3 dozen muffin cups half full.
- Sprinkle each muffin with 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar or the cinnamon/sugar
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 minutes then loosen from the pan.
- Serve hot.
Blueberry Muffins: Fold in 2 cups floured fresh or frozen dry blueberries
or currants. This will add 6 more muffins so prepare 42 muffin cups.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.