Old Fashioned Sour Cream Muffins
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sour cream
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar or cinnamon/sugar for topping
- Cream butter, sugar and salt at high speed with electric mixer. Beat for 3 minutes
until very smooth and creamy.
- Make a hole in the middle and add eggs; beat them
until they are thoroughly incorporated and are a light lemon color.
- Add the sour cream, and beat well.
- In another bowl mix the flour, baking soda and nutmeg with a fork.
- Grease 3 dozen muffin cups or use paper cups. Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Quickly mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- As soon as the dry ingredients
are thoroughly moistened, fill 3 dozen muffin cups half full.
- Sprinkle each muffin with 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar or the cinnamon/sugar
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 minutes then loosen from the pan.
- Serve hot.
Blueberry Muffins: Fold in 2 cups floured fresh or frozen dry blueberries
or currants. This will add 6 more muffins so prepare 42 muffin cups.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes