These muffins look like flowers.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- About 2/3 cup milk
- Orange juice
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in vegetable shortening and orange rind until mixture is as fine as meal.
- Add milk, mixing until a soft dough is formed.
- Knead lightly on a floured surface for about 20 seconds. Roll to 1/8-inch thickness.
Cut dough into 1-inch strips, then make 3/4-inch cuts about an inch apart in the strips.
Roll up strips as for a jellyroll (a 10-inch strip makes a medium-size roll). Place
in greased muffin pans.
- Brush rolls with orange juice and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes