These muffins look like flowers.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- About 2/3 cup milk
- Orange juice
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in vegetable shortening and orange rind until mixture is as fine as meal.
- Add milk, mixing until a soft dough is formed.
- Knead lightly on a floured surface for about 20 seconds. Roll to 1/8-inch thickness.
Cut dough into 1-inch strips, then make 3/4-inch cuts about an inch apart in the strips.
Roll up strips as for a jellyroll (a 10-inch strip makes a medium-size roll). Place
in greased muffin pans.
- Brush rolls with orange juice and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.