Orange Juice Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind (optional)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 medium egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- Muffins: In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and the orange rind,
if you choose to use it. Mix these together with a fork or a whisk to make sure
the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour in the orange juice, crack in the egg,
and measure in the oil. Stir the mixture up so that all the flour is moistened by
the wet ingredients. Don't over-mix it; the batter should still be lumpy.
- Turn the batter into 16 or 18 well oiled muffin cups and bake at 400 degrees F for about
- When muffins are nicely browned on top, remove them from the oven and allow to
cool slightly. Frost, if desired.
- Frosting: Combine all in a small bowl and drizzle over baked muffins.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.