Peach-Brown Sugar Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped peaches (fresh or canned)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease 12 regular-size muffin-tin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and baking powder.
- Add peaches, baking soda and allspice. Toss to coat peaches thoroughly.
- In another bowl, combine sour cream, egg and butter. Add to dry ingredients and
stir until moist but lumpy. Spoon into greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 25 minutes, or until the top springs back when gently
Makes 1 dozen.
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 10/3/2001 3:25 pm.