Peach Cornbread Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons chopped jalapeno chile (about 1 large)
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can cling peaches, drained, chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 18 mini Bundt muffin cups (about 2 1/2 inches
across) or plain mini muffin cups (2 1/4 x 1 1/4 inches) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cayenne in
- Whisk buttermilk, oil, eggs and jalapeno in medium-size bowl. Make well in center
of flour mixture. Add egg mixture all at once to well; add peaches to well.
- Stir liquid into flour mixture just until combined and flour mixture is evenly moistened.
- Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each of the 18 muffin cups.
- Bake for 17 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Let cool in cups on rack 5 minutes.
- Turn out onto rack; let cool.
Yield: 18 muffins