- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, sour cream and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Combine flour and baking powder; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in peaches and pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack.
Yield: 1 dozen