Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup crunchy-style peanut butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 small eggs
- 1/4 cup fruit preserves
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 12 fluted or plain muffin cups.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in the peanut
butter with two forks or a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the milk and eggs all at once, stirring until the flour is moistened.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the batter into each of the muffin cups.
- Place 1 teaspoon preserves
in the center of the batter and top with 2 more tablespoons of the batter.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Remove from the muffin cups and cool on a rack.