- 1 (16 ounce) can pear halves, drained
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Dice pear halves; drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Combine flour and next 7 ingredients in a mixing bowl; make a well in center
- Combine egg and next 3 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until
- Combine diced pears, pecans and crystallized ginger. Gently stir into batter.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
Yield: 16 muffins