Pineapple Cream Cheese Muffins
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds or walnuts
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 tablespoon soft butter or margarine
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon syrup from drained pineapple
- Muffins: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Heavily grease muffin tins.
- Chop all but 2 tablespoons nuts.
- Drain pineapple and reserve syrup.
- Resift flour with baking soda and salt.
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Blend in egg, continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Fold in drained pineapple and all but two tablespoons chopped nuts.
- Spoon into muffin pans.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining nuts.
- Bake until muffins are light brown and test done, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand in pans for about 5 minutes.
- Turn onto wire rack and spread Glaze over warm muffins.
- Glaze: Mix glaze ingredients together.
Makes 12 large muffins.