Poppy Seed Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Add sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and poppy seeds; add to creamed mixture.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from pans immediately.
Yield: 16 muffins