Praline Coffee Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar, baking powder, salt
and 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- Add melted butter, milk, instant coffee, vanilla extract and egg.
- Mix until all of the dry ingredients are absorbed.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Combine the remaining brown sugar and pecans, sprinkle over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of
a muffin comes out clean.