- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon firm butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh, frozen (thawed and drained) or canned (well drained) peaches
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Topping: Mix with fork until crumbly. Set aside.
- Muffins: Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease bottoms only of 12 medium muffin cups or line
with paper baking cups.
- Beat brown sugar, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and egg in a large bowl.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt just until moistened.
- Fold in peaches and pecans.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (cups will be almost full).
- Sprinkle with reserved topping mixture.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan.
Yield: 12 muffins