Pumpkin Crunch Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins, chopped nuts, or chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain canned pumpkin
- Brown sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder,
salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Stir in the raisins nuts, or chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, mix together, milk, oil, egg, and pumpkin. Stir well.
- Pour the liquid ingredients onto the dry ingredients and gently stir until the
dry ingredients are just moistened. Do not over-mix.
- Generously grease muffin cups and fill 2/3 full with batter.
- Heavily sprinkle the top of each muffin with approximately 1 tablespoon brown
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes.