- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup canned or cooked pumpkin
- 1 cup bran flakes-type cereal
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray oil,
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites; stir in pumpkin, cereal, syrup and milk.
- Slowly stir dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Makes 1 dozen muffins.