Raspberry Banana Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 over-ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint cleaned raspberries
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tins.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cream butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- Puree bananas, sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients
in 3 additions and banana mixture in 2 additions to the egg mixture. Beat enough
- Fold in raspberries and toasted almonds.
- Spoon into prepared muffin
tins and bake for about 25 minutes, until puffed, browned and springy.
Makes about 15 muffins.