Raspberry Chocolate Muffins
- 1/2 pound butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces frozen raspberries or 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease well large muffin tins.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Stir in buttermilk and orange juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat dry mixture into the liquid mixture.
- Carefully fold in the chocolate chips and raspberries until evenly distributed.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling wells about three-quarters full.
- Sprinkle additional sugar on top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Rotate pans and bake for 15 minutes more. Muffins are done when a wooden pick or
skewer inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes