Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine flour and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Cut in butter until crumbly, reserve 1 cup of the mixture.
- To remaining crumb mixture add baking powder, soda, salt, sour cream, 1 egg and
extract. Spoon mixture into muffin cups.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and remaining egg. Spoon cream cheese mixture
over batter in pans.
- Spoon preserves over cream cheese mixture.
- Add almonds to reserved crumb mixture and sprinkle over muffin tops.
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes.
Makes 15 muffins.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine April 30, 2001.