Raspberry Filled Chocolate Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/3 cup raspberry preserves
- Confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, sugar, soda, and salt. Stir and
make a well in the center.
- Pour the melted butter, milk, and vinegar into the well. Stir until all ingredients
- Place cupcake liners in muffin tin and spoon a full tablespoon of batter into
- Place 1 teaspoon of preserves on top of the batter. Cover with an additional
tablespoon of batter, sealing the preserves into the center.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Let cool on rack.
Yield: 12 muffins