Raspberry Filled Cinnamon Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In bowl, mix first 5 ingredients; make a well in center.
- Mix egg, buttermilk and butter. Pour into well, stirring until moistened.
- Spoon 1 tablespoons of batter into each of 12 muffin cups coated with cooking
spray or with a muffin cup liner inserted.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of preserves into center of each cup (do not spread). Top with
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched in center.
- Remove muffins from pan; cool on wire rack.