Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream or half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup grated or finely chopped white chocolate
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (not thawed)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin
tin or line with paper liners.
- In large mixing bowl, cream 2/3 cup sugar and butter. Add egg; mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture
alternately with cream.
- Stir in vanilla and almond extracts and the white chocolate.
- Gently fold in raspberries.
- Fill prepared muffin tin two-thirds full.
- Combine 2 tablespoons sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
Yield: 1 dozen muffins
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 10/11/2001 9:44 pm.