Six-Week Bran Muffins
- 1 (20 ounce) box raisin or bran flakes
- 3 scant cups granulated sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking soda (optional)
- 5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 8 ounces honey
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Muffins: Mix raisin bran, sugar, baking soda, flour and salt in a very large bowl.
- Add beaten eggs, oil, nuts (if desired) and buttermilk. Mix well.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator and use as needed.
- To use, grease muffin pans. Fill muffin pans two-thirds full.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with Honey Butter, if desired.
- Honey Butter: Mix all ingredients until smooth.
Batter will keep for six weeks in refrigerator or bake muffins and store in
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes