Six-Week Bran Muffins
- 1 (20 ounce) box raisin or bran flakes
- 3 scant cups granulated sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking soda (optional)
- 5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 8 ounces honey
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Muffins: Mix raisin bran, sugar, baking soda, flour and salt in a very large bowl.
- Add beaten eggs, oil, nuts (if desired) and buttermilk. Mix well.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator and use as needed.
- To use, grease muffin pans. Fill muffin pans two-thirds full.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with Honey Butter, if desired.
- Honey Butter: Mix all ingredients until smooth.
Batter will keep for six weeks in refrigerator or bake muffins and store in
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes