- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon mixed together for rolling*
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and sugar until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until each is incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder,
cream of tartar and nutmeg.
- Add the flour mixture and the sour cream alternately to the egg-butter
mixture, starting with the flour and ending with the flour. Scrape the bowl
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out muffin batter one at a time and drop
into a shallow bowl filled with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll the muffin
around in the mixture until it is covered completely in cinnamon sugar.
Place muffin into muffin tin.
- Bake for approximately 20-22 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Depending on the size of your tins, you should get about 12 to 14 muffins.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes