Sour Cream Muffins
These muffins are nothing like the usual sweet, fruit-filled variety. They're
only very slightly sweet, instead getting their flavor and sturdy texture from sour
cream and cornmeal. You might serve them instead of biscuits or cornmeal with dinner.
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream (at room temperature)
- 1 egg, beaten (at room temperature)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Sift together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, add baking soda to sour cream. Stir until frothy.
- Add egg to sour cream mixture and mix well.
- Add sour cream mixture slowly to dry ingredients and stir just until mixed.
- Fill muffin tins about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until browned.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes