Strawberry and Cream Cheese Filled Muffins
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the cream cheese and preserves; stir with a whisk.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour and the next 5 ingredients (flour through salt) in a medium bowl;
make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine buttermilk, oil, egg whites, and egg; stir well with a whisk.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon the batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray, filling one-third
- Top each with about 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture; divide the remaining batter
evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched
lightly in center.
- Remove the muffins from pans immediately, and place on a wire rack.
Yield: 1 dozen (serving size: 1 muffin)
Calories 182 (29% from fat); Fat 5.9g (sat 1.7g, mono 1.6g, poly 2g); Protein
5g; Carb 27.4g; Fiber 0.7g; Chol 23mg; Iron 1.3mg; Sodium 231mg; Calc 94mg
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/23/01 4:49:00 am.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes