Sweet Raspberry Muffins
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white Karo syrup
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk just until moistened. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon batter into 12 paper-lined muffin tins.
- Top with 1 teaspoon jam.
- Spoon remaining batter into tins.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes.
- Remove and continue cooling for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine glaze ingredients.
- Put muffins on wire racks and drizzle glaze over them.
- When glaze sets up, serve with a dish of fresh creamy butter.
Yield: 1 dozen