The Everything Muffin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup light raisins
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews or macadamias
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or butterscotch chips
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin pans or line with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In another bowl, combine the melted butter, beaten eggs and milk.
- Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring only enough to moisten.
- Mix in the raisins, nuts and chips. Do not exceed a total of 2 1/2 cups added ingredients.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean and dry.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before turning out of pan.
Yield: 12 muffins
Source: Muffins by Elizabeth Alston (Clarkson Potter) - post-gazette.com/food
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.