Toasted Almond Muffins
Toasted Almond Muffins have a wonderful combination of orange and almond flavors.
They are great for breakfast or brunch and make a perfect snack or a light dessert
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sliced, toasted almonds, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease or paper-line 18 muffin cups.
- Combine baking mix, evaporated milk, granulated sugar, vegetable oil and
egg in large mixer bowl. Beat on high speed for 30 seconds or until blended.
- Fold in 3/4 cup almonds.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar and orange juice in small bowl. Spread over each
muffin; sprinkle with remaining almonds.
Yield: 18 muffins | Prep Time: 12 minutes | Total Time: 29
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1/18 of recipe Servings Per Recipe: 18 Calories:
230 Calories from Fat: 100 Total Fat: 11g (17% of DV) Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% of
DV) Cholesterol: 20mg (6% of DV) Sodium: 230mg (10% of DV) Carbohydrates: 31g (10%
of DV) Dietary Fiber: .5g (3% of DV) Sugars: 20g Protein: 4g
Vitamin A: 0% of DV Vitamin C: 0% of DV Calcium: 10% of DV Iron: 4% of DV
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestle and meals.com
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes