Toasted Coconut Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter 12 (1/3 cup) muffin cups.
- Combine flour, toasted coconut, sugar, almonds, baking powder, orange peel, baking
soda and salt in large bowl.
- Whisk coconut milk, eggs, butter and vanilla extract in medium bowl to blend.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Turn out onto rack and cool slightly. (Can be prepared 1 week ahead. Cool completely.)
- Enclose muffins in resealable plastic bags and freeze. Thaw before serving.)
Makes 12 muffins.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/12/01 1:52:11 pm.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.