Wicked Good Blueberry Muffins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups blueberries, rinsed, picked over, dried with paper towel
- Coarse sugar for sanding or regular table sugar (optional)
- Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with papers. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the beaten egg and milk.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the wet mixture.
- Add the blueberries and gently fold them in, stirring the batter from the
bottom and bringing it over the berries.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin wells and sprinkle a little
sugar, just enough to give it a little sparkle.
- Bake on the center rack for 20-25 minutes or until they test done with a