Blue Cheese Popovers
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for muffin tins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh thyme
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, flour, salt, and
pepper. Whisk until all lumps have disappeared.
- Whisk in the cheese and thyme.
- Transfer the batter to an airtight container, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up
to 1 day.
- Adjust rack to highest position in oven. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Generously
butter two mini muffin tins. Fill each cup to the top with the chilled batter.
- Bake popovers until golden and puffed, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 2 dozen
>> QUICK ROLL RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.