Garlic Parmesan Popovers
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup minus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously grease six 2/3-cup popover tins or nine
1/2-cup muffin tins.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk, and water.
- Add flour and whisk mixture until combined well but still slightly lumpy.
- Mince garlic and mash with salt.
- Whisk garlic paste into batter and divide half of batter among tins.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan over batter in tins and divide remaining
batter among tins.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan over popovers and bake in
lower third of oven 45 minutes.
- Cut a slit about 1/2 inch long on top of each popover
with a small sharp knife and bake 10 minutes more. (Popovers will not rise much
because of Parmesan).
Makes 6 large or 9 medium popovers.