- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, cleaned and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 heaping tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon MSG (monosodium glutamate)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 3/4 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 loaves fresh sandwich bread
- Sauté mushrooms in butter for about 5 minutes.
- Blend in flour, MSG, salt, pepper and cream and cook until thick.
- Add chives and lemon juice and stir until blended. Let cool.
- Remove crust from bread and roll thinly with rolling pin. Spread thinly with
mushroom mixture and roll up. Cut into 2 pieces.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes or until brown.
Yields 70 to 80 rolls.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.