- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Beat eggs slightly with a rotary beater.
- Add remaining ingredients. Beat briskly for 1/2 minute. Scrape sides. Beat 1/2 minute more. Batter should be smooth and thin.
- Grease 8 small custard cups with butter. Fill 1/2 full. Evenly space in pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 50 minutes until richly golden.
- Serve at once.
- If not ready to serve immediately, remove from cups and slit sides slightly to allow the steam to escape. Place in pan and return to oven (no heat and door ajar).