- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a food processor, process eggs, milk, flour, salt, and herbs until smooth.
- Place 1 teaspoon butter in each of 10 muffin pans, popover pans, or glass
custard cups, about 2 1/2 inches in diameter, and place in preheated oven for
1 to 2 minutes, or until the butter is melted.
- Fill each container half full with batter and bake for about 30 minutes,
or until popovers are puffed and brown.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 10 popovers