- 1 cup boiled hominy
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3/4 cup molasses
- Put hominy into a bowl and beat with a fork.
- Pour milk and molasses over the hominy and continue beating.
- Mix in cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add mixture slowly
to the hominy.
- Add beaten egg and melted shortening.
- Place in a greased baking pan.
- Bake in moderate oven 350 degrees F for about 35 minutes.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/19/01 6:17:13 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Savory Bread Recipes