- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large finely-chopped onion*
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Accent
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- Milk or buttermilk
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix first eight ingredients. When well mixed, add 1 beaten egg, then slowly add
milk or buttermilk until the mixture is a thick mush.
- Deep fry in hot fat heated to 360 degrees F. Drop a heaping tablespoon full of
the batter at a time into the fat and fry until golden brown. Cook only a few at
a time and let oil get hot again between batches.
- Serve very hot with lots of butter.
You can also add finely chopped bell pepper to this.
* Scallions are good to use because the green color looks nice.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Savory Bread Recipes