Jalapeno Salsa Hush Puppies
- 1 (8 ounce) package Martha White Hush Puppy Mix with Onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 2/3 cup water
- Heat 2 to 3 inches oil in deep fryer or heavy skillet to 365 degrees F.
- Combine hush puppy mix and remaining ingredients in medium bowl; stir until well
blended. Let batter stand for 5 minutes. Do not stir.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoonsful
into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, turning several times.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm.
Makes about 14 hush puppies.