- 1/2 pound sausage
- 1/2 pound hamburger
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf basil
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 cup creamed cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 2 (7 x 4-inch) pieces mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- Meat mixture: Brown meat, add all seasonings, onion and paste and simmer for
- Cheese mixture: Combine cottage cheese, egg and Parmesan cheese.
- Crust: On a large cookie sheet, press the crescent rolls into a 15 x 13-inch
rectangle. Spoon half the meat mixture onto the dough, leaving a border on the sides
and enough dough at the top and the bottom to enclose ingredients like a letter
inside an envelope. Follow meat mixture with cheese mixture, then the other half
of the meat mixture, placing the sliced Mozzarella cheese on last. Enclose ingredients
pressing dough together with fingers. Brush with milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for about 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Yield: 6 servings
Can be made ahead, but not more than 2 hours.