Olive Nut Bread
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sliced, pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1 cup broken walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the milk and egg together. Add to dry ingredients,
stirring just until blended. Do not beat.
- Mix in olives, walnuts and pimiento.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Cool in pan five minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Wrap loaf in foil.
This bread will slice better the day after it is made.