Onion Butter Casserole Bread
- 3 1/3 cups buttermilk biscuit mix
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/3 cup sweet cream butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sweet cream butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- In medium bowl combine biscuit mix, dill weed and celery seed. Cut in butter
until mixture resembles a fine meal. Stir in onion.
- Combine egg and milk; add to biscuit mix. Stir just until ingredients are moistened.
- Turn into casserole. About 1 inch from edge of casserole, cut through batter
with a knife making a circle.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Brush immediately with Topping. Cool 10 minutes; remove from casserole. Serve
- Topping: Combine ingredients.